SFX Fine Opener
- Processable materials: synthetic and natural fibers
- Production rate: 500 - 2000 kg/h
- Working widths: 1000 - 1500 - 1900 mm
- Installed power: SFX/1000: 20.7 kW; SFX/1500: 25 kW; SFX/1900: 26 kW
- Overall dimensions: SFX/1000: 2720 x 1640 x 1460 (H) mm; SFX/1500: 2720 x 2140 x 1460 (H) mm; SFX/1900: 2980 x 2540 x 1460 (H) mm
- Installed worldwide: 146 units
The SFX Fine Opener is suitable to finely mix the blended fibres before loading the airlay web former or carding machine.
The machine can be fed by a volumetric hopper feeder or a vertical feed silo. The feeding system is composed of a feed conveyor, one bottom smooth steel roller and one top steel roller covered with rigid wire turning with pneumatic pressure against a stainless steel dish. The feeding unit is driven by an independent gearbox with variable speed controlled by a frequency inverter.
The drum has a diameter of 930 mm over the pins and turns on ball bearings. It is statically and dynamically balanced and is clothed with round pointed steel pins ﬁxed in wood lags. The size of the pins and their density can vary according to the type of ﬁbres that need to be opened and the desired opening degree.
As an optional, the machine can be equipped with an adjustable system for the removal of the impurities and the not sufficiently opened material.